Last Updated: Mar 31, 2017
With a to-do list a mile long and a guest list to match, one of the next steps to planning a baby shower is finding a venue. As hostess, you’ll have your hands full and until mom-to-be arrives at the party, you’ll be busy making sure everything comes together. You’ll want to find a location that’s just right for the guest of honor, whether right at home or her favorite venue. There are a few things you should take into consideration when determining where to have a baby shower.
How to Choose a Baby Shower Venue?
Baby showers can be held at a variety of places, but are usually held at the home of the mom-to-be or the hostess. However, you can also hold the baby shower at another family member’s home if that suits the occasion more. Your baby shower venue will also depend on your budget for the celebration and your guest list. If you plan on inviting more than 50 guests, you should consider renting out a local venue or private room at a restaurant to accommodate all of your guests. You can also go the extra mile and choose a venue that complements your baby shower theme. The location will set the tone and the backdrop for the celebration. The right venue can help you highlight stylish baby shower decorations, party favors, tablescapes, and more. When you’re looking for venues, always keep your budget, guest list and mama-to-be in mind.
If you need a few ideas to get you started, use our list of tried and true baby shower venue ideas below.
Baby Shower Venues
Whether you’re looking for a more intimate location or a venue that will make a grand statement, these location ideas should help you get started and may even help you narrow down your selection.
- Mother-to-be’s home
- Friend or family member’s home
- Restaurant— banquet room or private area
- Community center
- Church Hall
- Club House
- Hotel Suite
- Outdoor area
- Spa or Home Spa
- Private Movie Theater
- Yoga Studio
- Getaway Location— Take a trip
Planning a baby shower may seem like a grand undertaking but, with etiquette guidelines to follow you will be on your way to throwing a successful shower in no time. During whichever phase of planning you may be in, draw on our collection of baby shower planning tips and tricks:
- Determine the best time to mark your calendars with our guide for when to have a baby shower.
- As a hostess, you may be wondering if you can get help with the budget for the big day. Reference our guide to who pays for a baby shower to learn about etiquette when it comes to asking for money.
- Don’t forget about the invites. These custom stationery items will provide guests a first look into what the big day is all about. Make sure your invite makes it to the proper recipients with our guides on how to address baby shower invitations and when to send baby shower invites.
When it comes to picking out a baby shower venue, always remember that you don’t need to find the perfect location but instead the best location for mom-to-be.