Determining what to write in a yearbook is often times harder than imagined. With a pen in hand, the last thing you’ll want is to be caught staring at a blank page. A thoughtful yearbook message will add to how your peers will remember you years down the road. Plus, out of everything in a yearbook, it’s the messages from the those who went through school with you that are the most meaningful. So if you’re trying to decide what to write in a yearbook, we have you covered with our yearbook messages and ideas below.
- Yearbook Signing: How To Sign A Yearbook
- Why are Yearbook Messages Important?
- Cute Yearbook Messages for Students
- Funny Yearbook Signatures And Quotes
- Best Yearbook Quotes
- Quotations for Yearbooks From Parents
Yearbook Signing: How To Sign A Yearbook
One of the most important steps to remember when it comes to how to sign a yearbook is to have a starting point and guidelines. You may be thinking how in the world am I going to sum up a years worth of memories into a couple sentences. No pressure, you don’t need to document every experience. The key is to share just the right amount to make the reader smile and reminiscence. Use our yearbook ideas, tips, and sample messaging as a starting point to guide your end of the year sentiments. Follow these rules for what to write in a yearbook before you begin signing away!
- Use a fun opening line. This is your last hoorah of the school year! Start your yearbook message off right with a fun opening line. “Hey, you,” works great for your fellow classmates and friends. For others, you may want to start off by wishing them a fun summer. And if you’re signing one of your teacher’s yearbooks, address him or her by their title such as “Mrs. Thompson.”
- Write about a memorable moment you had together. Sure there are bound to be many, but try to pick just one moment that has really stuck with you. You’ll want to keep your message close to about 3-4 lines to not only save space for other people signing the book, but to also avoid boring the recipient.
- Make an inside joke. If you’re drafting a yearbook message for one of your best friends or someone you shared a funny moment with, add an inside joke. Your sentiment is sure to make your recipient smile!
- Add yearbook quotes. When you’re having a hard time finding the right words, it can be a great idea to have a few good yearbook quotes on hand and ready to share.
- Don’t forget to sign your yearbook messages. You’ve worked hard on creating the perfect message so, don’t forget to sign your name.
Why are Yearbook Messages Important?
Whether you’re signing a yearbook for your best friend, a classmate you worked on a group project with, or your favorite teacher, you’ll want your message to be personalized and sincere. The pages of a yearbook will bring back memories and may even be seen by someone’s children. In fact, the words inscribed in it will be kept there forever. A keepsake like this deserves a yearbook message that can be treasured for years and years to come. These yearbook message ideas are tailored for the different types of recipients whom you may find yourself writing to and are fit for any yearbook theme. We have cute yearbook sayings for your best friends, funny yearbook quotes for the class clowns, and a variety of other phrases for you to put to use.
Cute Yearbook Messages for Students
There is something nostalgic about a handwritten note that can remind someone of their time in school. If you’re stumped on what to write, use these cute yearbook messages on their own or add them to your own memories for the perfect note.
Cute Yearbook Messages for Close Friends
- I am so glad we grew so close this year! From geometry to Friday night football games and everything in between, we definitely had too much fun! Can’t wait for all the adventures with you this summer!
- You are the best friend anyone could ask for! Thanks for putting up with me and making me laugh no matter what. Can’t wait for the beach trip this summer!
- We started high school as best friends and now we’re heading separate ways for college. Where did all the time go? I will miss you like crazy, but we’ll only be four hours apart and Christmas break will be here before you know it. Anyways…we have all summer. Let’s make the most of it!
- I’ll never forget meeting you the very first day of 8th grade. Who knew we would grow so close? These four years of high school flew by! Who knows what the real world holds for us?
- You make my life fun! I can’t imagine junior year without you and your antics, humor and sweet gestures. Love you!
- It’s been a pleasure to watch you grow and change this year. You have within you everything you need to continue to be successful. You can move mountains if you want. I wish you the best of luck.
- I could write in every page of this yearbook and it would never be enough room for me to tell you how thankful I am to have you in my life. You’re my best friend and I can’t wait for everything we get to experience together this summer!
Cute Yearbook Messages for Friends
- Enjoy your summer. Time spent having fun is never wasted.
- Warning: Dates on calendar are closer than they appear.
- Don’t ever change!
- Have a good summer and stay sweet always.
- It was a lot of fun having English with you this year. You always have really great things to say! Hope you have a fantastic summer.
- Remember when we had that all night movie marathon? That was unforgettable!
- I appreciate you being there for me all year long. Thanks for being my friend.
- Hope you had a good year. It wouldn’t have been the same without you.
- Have an awesome time this summer. I hope we run into each other.
- Couldn’t have made it through history without ya!
- 2 Good + 2 Be = 4Gottten!
Funny Yearbook Signatures And Quotes
Add a little humor to your end of the year messages with these funny yearbook signatures!
- May the force be with you this summer.
- Remember me when you’re rich.
- I’ll remember you when I’m famous.
- I’m the first to sign your crack.
- (Name) was here.
- “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” -Margaret Mead
- “Don’t give up on your dreams, just keep sleeping.” -Unknown
- “Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.” -Anonymous
- “All that stands between the graduate and the top of the ladder is the ladder.” -Anonymous
Best Yearbook Quotes
Don’t get stuck writing the same thing in everyone’s yearbooks. Use one of these inspirational yearbook quotes to add some variation to your notes.
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” -Confucius
- “If the opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” -Milton Berle
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” -James Dean
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” -Les Brown
- “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” -John Lennon
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” -Minor Myers Jr.
- “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Ronald Dahl
- “Live for the moments you can’t put into words.” -Anonymous
- “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” -Mark Twain
- “What if I fall? Oh, my darling, what if you fly?” -Anonymous
- ”The three C’s in life: choice, change, change. You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything in life to change.” -Anonymous
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” -Seth Godin
- “If at first you don’t succeed, do it like your mother told you.” -Anonymous
Quotations for Yearbooks From Parents
It’s tradition for parents to leave a ‘send off’ quote in their child’s yearbook and these yearbook quotes from mom and dad offer just the right amount of inspiration and encouragement.
- “It’s not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.” -Ann Landers
- “I may not be perfect, but when I look at my children I know I got something in my life perfectly right.” -Anonymous
- “The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.” -Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal from the whole railroad.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened.” -Dr. Seuss
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “You don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note.” -Doug Floyd
- “If you haven’t the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you.” -T.S. Eliot
Resources Related To What To Write In A Yearbook
Looking back at old yearbooks will warrant a multitude of thoughts. Things like, ”I sure have changed,” or “What was I thinking?” In addition to funky hair styles and unclear clothing decisions, the signature you leave above your name will follow you around each time that yearbook gets cracked open. As you sign yearbooks this year, think about how you’ll want your peers to remember the time they spent with you during school and use our message guidelines to help you craft a note that shows off your personality and the time you spent with those you grew up with. And if you’re looking for additional yearbook inspiration, make sure to check out our additional resources below: